- Center for Policy Research on Energy and the Environment
- High Meadows Environmental Institute
- Julis-Rabinowitz Center for Public Policy & Finance
- Griswold Center for Economic Policy Studies
- Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment
- Center for the Study of Democratic Politics
Shanti Gamper-Rabindran will discuss the major points from her new book, "America's Energy Gamble: People, Economy and Planet," which dissects the Trump administration's energy policy and how the country can return to an energy transition that benefits both the economy and the environment. How did the pro-fossil Trump administration entrench America's oil and gas dependency to the detriment of America's economy, public health and the environment? Its actions ran counter to even traditional bipartisan values of fiscal responsibility, environmental stewardship and rule of law. Despite the damage done, this book lays out how Americans can still change course and transition away from oil and gas dependency, while protecting workers and communities. Specially, she discusses her ongoing work on community solar in rural northcentral Appalachia and the just energy transition in the Ohio River Valley.