My research focuses on understanding the impacts of land-use change on tropical biodiversity. I am particularly interested in understanding the most effective ways of managing tropical landscapes for biodiversity protection and the mechanisms that can be used to fund protection, although I have a range of interests, including;
- Impacts of logging management on biodiversity and ecosystem functioning.
- Tropical agriculture and sustainability.
- The interaction between climate change and land-use change on extinction risk.
- Cost-effective conservation within the tropics.
- Policy drivers of tropical forest protection, including REDD+ and sustainability labeling.
- Mechanisms of maintenance in mutualism.